Saturday, July 9, 2022

C2: Week 1, Be joyful, Grasshopper

 C2: Week 1, Be joyful, Grasshopper

2 Blocks

(focus in twisting/turning + open hips)



Integration: 

Supta Baddha (option to sit on a block )

Butterfly - cow cat

Modified plank -1x

TT

DD

Scorpion Dog

DD

FF

Stand at attention 


Intention:

Find your true joyful /blissful self


Sun A:

I--Mt 

E-- Cactus twist R (+ L)

I--Mt (no backbend)

E--FF 

I--Half Lift

E--H/L Plank


Sun B:

I--Chair

E--Open twist R + L

I--Chair

E--FF

I--Half Lift

E--LL -> Left leg back (+ R)

--

I--Standing Splits

E--LL 

I--LL twist R + L

E--Wide L FF

I--Half Lift

E--Skandasana to the back

I--Star

E--Horse

I--W 2

E--HLP


Sub B+:

Chair w. Prayer Twist R

Standing Splits -Shiva squat 1x

Skandasa -> full bind

W2 -> E--Sugarcane

I--W2

E--HLP

Chair w. Prayer twist L

..

Core:

Boat Rows R + L w. a block between thighs

Eagle sit-ups R + L

Straight leg ->w. block on top 

Gentle hip lifts-> w. Block on top

Rock n’ roll ->seated

cradle->Half lotus lift ->full lotus lift

W. blocks on either side


Standing:

I--Scorpion Dog (open hips)

E--LL

I--W 1

E--Chest Ex Grip

I--Puff up chest

E--Pyramid w. C grip

I-- Plant your L palm down(block)

E--Revolved Tri

I--Inhale here

E--LL

I--LL twist R(+L)

E--Horizon Lunge

I--rainbow your hips high

E--Runners L

I--Quad stretch

E--Pull your heel towards your glutes

I--LL

E--FF

I--Mt

E--Dancers on the R

Same on the L->

Ending with Dancers on L


Hips:

Yogi Squat Malasana (option to sit on a Block while demo for open hips)

Baby Grass Hopper

Ext Childs pose


Spine:

Bridge (or supported bridge)

Hug knees towards chest (counter stretch)

 

Surrender:

Shoulder stand series

Happy Baby

Easy Twist

2 blocks for supported fish

Slip into -> Savasana

(option to release the blocks or keep them)


Joy:

Is a natural Phenomenon


Joy is NOT in things…

It is in us


By our stumbling the world is PERFECTED

~Yogi Bhajan. 


Where do you experience true bliss? 


Prayer twist-

Twist from the lower spine working upwards, 1st Lumbar -> lower spine followed by mid back->thoracic spine then the upper ->Cervical spine Squeeze shoulder blades behind you to further open your top shoulder towards the sky


Sugarcane:

Feel your hamstrings, hip flexors and chest open up which in turn evokes a sense of openness to receive joy and spread it across


Grasshopper:

Bend your rooted arm like chaturanga as you push the floor away. 


No comments:

Namaste, Friends.

  Namaste, Friends. Thank you for showing up on your mat. My name is Vasu, I will be guiding you thru your C1 practice today. This is YOUR p...